Life has a way of changing. I’m not currently flying or controlling on VATSIM at all, and have almost no time to program. Unfortunately, XSB support is suffering because of it, and neither Ben nor I want that to continue.
I’m looking for some help in maintaining XSB. The ideal candidate would have:
- Experience in C++ and OpenGL
- Ability to compile on OS X, Windows (using free MS compiler) and Linux
- A PC capable of running Windows and Linux for X-Plane/XSB testing on those systems.
- Experience with CMake is a plus
- Be over 18 years of age and willing to sign the VATSIM NDA (which basically just says you won’t release proprietary code)
- Time and enthusiasm for making XSB and VATSIM better
However, that is only the IDEAL candidate. It may be that such a person doesn’t exist at this point and time. It may be that we need multiple people – one dealing with OS X, one dealing with Windows, and another dealing with Linux. Or some other combination of the three.
With multiple people, the requirements for each person go down. For example, if you know C++ and are a Linux person, you don’t necessarily need to know OpenGL if we have others who do. You just need to be able to compile and test on Linux.
I’ve received a lot of offers for help over the years. While appreciated, those offers have not been acted upon because for the most part, XSB was working. However, now is the time we do need the help. If you think you are a good candidate to help, email me at:
and let me know why.