This release incorporates a number of bugfixes for new bugs discovered in the beta5 cycle. XSquawkBox 2.0 beta 6 expires on 1 April 2020.
Please refer to the README file in the download as well as the manual (linked from navigation bar on this site) for more details.
Most significant in beta6 is a bugfix for issues with voice when HF aliasing is in use (typically for Oceanic control), and a fix for voice ceasing to work when the voice server times out.
From the beta 6 changelog:
- Fixed a bug in the HF frequency aliasing where we weren’t correcting the frequency scale (KHz vs Hz) during the lookup. Oceanic should now work with voice.
- Treat Voice server timeouts the same as disconnects so they’re automatically reconnected, rather than disabling the whole voice system until the next explicit reconnect.
- Report Voice server errors as a System Message so they’re more obvious.
- Reenabled the use of
xsquawkbox/input/stringto pass input to other plugins for processing.
- Update to AFV-Native 0.9.5:
- Fixed a bug where the reported audiable channels count wasn’t initialised inbetween creating the radio simulation state, and the first network update. (Cosmetic only)