The 2.0 release is now feature complete and I’m just doing the last bit of debugging and clean-up before we produce the final binaries.
Assuming we don’t stumble into any complex macOS specific problems, I expect to have the initial binary release tomorrow (Thursday). Proper documentation will take a few more days as I’ll have to rewrite the manual as a lot has changed.
The change-log excerpt from the release (as it stands right now) is as follows:
WHAT’S NEW FOR 2.0 beta 1 RELEASE
- Integrated AFV-Native to support the new VATSIM Audio Platform. This AFV client implementation (AFV-Native) and integration represents 1-month of full-time professional development effort and is a significant improvement over the old VVL. AFV-Native will be open-sourced in short order.
- We now support sending and receiving text radio messages on COM2.
.txcommands to provide access to the radio audio panel controls in models that do not have the right datarefs hooked up.
- Switched to using the 8.33KHz spacing radio datarefs for future 8.33Khz frequency spacing support.
- The old keyboard/button-intercept system is gone – There’s now a series of bindable commands in the
xsquawkbox/namespace which replace them. You’ll need to bind this by hand after upgrading!
- From libxplanemp: Fixed a bug that was causing asynchronous OBJ7 loads to crash the simulator.
- XSquawkBox is now a two man effort – please thank Jared Davison for adding his assistance to the client.
- From libxplanemp: Fix for the MSAA text size bug.
- From libxplanemp: Fix for the texture handle bug with specific versions of the FF A320.
- From libxplanemp: Removed OpenGL state readbacks to avoid driver stalls.
- From libxplanemp: Fixed bug where libxplanemp tries to control AI aircraft when it didn’t have exclusive control over the AI aircraft system.
- From libxplanemp: Obey simulator’s anisotropic filtering setting when loading textures for legacy CSLs.
- Observer Mode Support.
- Aircraft Configuration State Visibility with Ground Level Correction.
- Aural notifications on direct message and wallops.
- Time Dilation safety check and enforcement.
- Automatic Disconnect on slew and aircraft model change.