There’s a few consistent issues I’m seeing which I do not need further reports on:
- macOS: crash on startup – there’s a bug in portaudio or in how AFV-Native uses portaudio causing this and the last update changed it from being intermittent to being reliable. I will be chasing this one up in the next week or so.
- Windows: plugin not loading (module not found) – In the changes to the build tooling, it seems I accidentally reset the plugin to being built against the Dynamically linked C runtime by accident. You likely need to install the “Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2019” for x64. I will try to fix this for the next release so this is no longer a consideration, or the correct runtime installer is included in the download.
For everbody else, I will respond to legitimate bug reports as able, but bear in mind the full instructions on the submission page – the form is for bug reports only – I can make no leeway for people not obeying the bug submission instructions.
- If you’re not submitting a bug, your submission will be deleted without response.
- If you do not submit the Log.txt, or edit/filter it prior to submission, your submission will be deleted without response.
A long standing bug has been found in all versions of XSquawkBox with the interpretation of the VATSIM master status list – this bug manifests as XSquawkBox being unable to connect to servers from the serverlist, giving the error “Server <servername> could not be resolved”.
A bugfix will be coming shortly in 1.3.3b4.
At present, because of this bug, there is a 20% chance that XSquawkBox will be unable to find the server list. Restarting X-Plane will allow it to try again.
Yesterday night I was able to confirm that there is a compatibility issue that exists with the specific combination of:
- the IXEG 733 version 1.0.7 (and presumably earlier) with its respective version of Gizmo
- XSquawkBox Version 1.3.2
- X-Plane 11.0r1 (also known to affect the betas, but does not affect X-Plane 10)
The bug will result in Legacy CSL aircraft failing to load their textures, and significant VRAM usage proportional to the amount of time Legacy CSL aircraft are visible in frame.
Until the IXEG 733 is updated with full X-Plane 11 compatibility, I can only recommend that you do not use it with X-Plane 11. If you must use it with X-Plane 11, then you will need to use XSquawkBox 1.3.1 until XSquawkBox 1.3.3 is released as 1.3.3 will contain a fix for our half of the problem.
Please do NOT report any further bugs relating to this combination of software to Laminar Software, to VATSIM, or to myself.
Continue reading “Known Incompatibility: X-Plane 11, XSB 1.3.2 and the IXEG 733 1.0.x”