If you are having problems with XSquawkbox, before you report any issues:
- Ensure the issue is not listed as a “Known Issue” in the README file (included in the download).
- Ensure you have read the user manual‘s guidance on the feature you are attempting to use, and then also review the troubleshooting section and follow any advice in there.
- Ensure you have read the FAQ and followed any relevant advice in there.
- Check the website’s “Known Issues” list for the issue you’re experiencing.
- Consider asking for help on the VATSIM forums
If you have narrowed the problem down to XSquawkBox specifically, and none of the above helps with your issue, be sure to complete the form below in full as to provide enough information for the developers to investigate the issue further.
Issue submission through this website is purely for (potential) bugs in XSB.
This form is not for requesting support with X-Plane, your operating system, VATSIM operational issues or a substitute for reading the manual. Please pursue such matters with the relevant party, or read the relevant documentation.
Issues related to the VATSIM network itself, your system, your networking equipment or providers, or third party software will not be responded to.
Issues reported that clearly show you have not read the manual will not be responded to.
You also will not be contacted about your issue:
- If it is a FAQ, and a published answer already exists.
- If it relates to a published known issue and does not conform to the reporting requirements.
- If it involves a deprecated or unsupported version of X-Plane or XSquawkBox
- If it contains any reference at all to a feature request. (Please see the policy on feature requests)
- If you’ve reported it previously.
- If you do not make a reasonable effort to fill out the reporting form in good faith.
- If you do not include your full, unedited
- It has been acknowledged by the developer elsewhere.
- The material provided shows that you have not exhaustively tested the problem yourself, or you have not eliminated causes outside of XSquawkBox itself.